Résumé of DiAnn Ohama
Highly efficient telecommuting contractor since 1995.
Seeking non-traditional work: part-time and remote.
Content is King
I am your single source of professional website content writing, publishing and maintenance.
I’ve been a technical sales writer, a corporate webmaster, a website quality manager, and an online content marketer—often at the same time.
My passion is genealogy, and it has given me excellent research skills. No matter what your topic, I can produce SEO-rich content for you and help you measure the results.
I have worked with scientists, computer programmers, product managers and manufacturers to understand their products and how they benefit the end user. I’ve worked in the communications industry (phone, internet, TV) and for non-profit organizations for many years.
Bridging the gap between technical language and plain English, I can create online content that presents your offerings to potential clients in a meaningful way.
(Note: Jobs overlap and are listed in order by start date.)
January 2017–Present, Genealogy Blogger, Fortify Your Family Tree
- Publishing twice weekly articles about genealogy best practices.
- Promoting readership on social media.
March 2014–Present, Web Content Producer, Frontier Communications, Inc.
- Rewrote and reorganized the company’s online help center, turning 1,000 disjointed FAQs into 100 useful articles.
- Continually enhance the content and improve the website while adhering to corporate brand standards.
October 2003–December 2016, Web Content Manager, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Developed and routinely updated about 3,000 published reports.
- Provided quality control for the reports and became an expert in a succession of Content Management Systems.
- Wrote several short reports.
February–August 2009, Web Developer, Merrill Lynch & Co., Inc.
- Designed and coded custom websites to be deployed for the company's thousands of Financial Advisors.
- Corrected errors on the intranet and public websites.
- Wrote documentation for the site's Content Management System.
February 2006–February 2007, Senior Manager of Global Sales Portal, Avaya
- Managed the design and development of a new global sales portal.
- Maintained and edited daily news content.
- Ensured content quality and drove strategic direction and website enhancements.
- Met with top sales representatives to determine the types of content they needed.
September 2001–December 2002, Web Content Manager, Verizon
- Developed and maintained intranet site for the Safety, Health & Environment organization.
- Streamlined and updated old content into a more user-friendly website.
October 1996–December 2005, Web Content Manager, AT&T/Lucent Technologies/Avaya
- Webmaster and single point-of-contact for dozens of marketing managers.
- Tutored users who were new to the web and wrote instructions for publishing to the site.
- Served as primary reviewer, approver and quality manager for the Avaya intranet. Maintained the Press Room and Corporate sections of Avaya.com.
February 1995–October 1996, Marketing Communications Writer, AT&T and Lucent Technologies
- Wrote and produced marketing materials to help emerging product group gain visibility with the sales force and earn the loyalty of a growing customer base.
- Enabled marketing team to get sales materials and training tools—including videos—into the hands of account executives three times faster than before.
- Developed the largest and most detailed presence on the public AT&T/Lucent website of any product group in the company.
1990–1996, President and Owner, Words Worth Publishing, Inc.
- Wrote and produced brochures, newsletters and other communications for dozens of companies, large and small.
- Helped a regional Internet Service Provider gain market share by writing and producing a monthly customer newsletter for three years (Voicenet.com).
- Learned HTML and Internet software to write the newsletter; used this knowledge to teach seminars and courses for other companies.
- Created B.B. King's first website (Worldblues.com) and reprogrammed the Arcadia University website.
1983–1988, Advertising and Marketing Communications Writer
- Promoted the sale of computer software (for Applied Data Research of Princeton, NJ) and electronic components (for companies such as Panasonic and Sylvania) by writing effective copy for brochures, advertisements, sales literature, video scripts, and more.
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Literature from SUNY Purchase in Purchase, New York. Also studied filmmaking at C.W. Post College (Long Island University) and SUNY Purchase.
- Fortify Your Family Tree—Original-content genealogy blog launched in January 2017.
- Frontier Communications—Populated Help Center with content in 2014, then crafted a dramatic revision in 2015. Instrumental player in 2015 Content Management System migration from Sitefinity to Sitecore.
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation—Coding, posting and maintenance of 3,000 program results reports. Instrumental player in two Content Management System migrations.
- ECLC of New Jersey—Site redesign and maintenance. Made site mobile-friendly using Bootstrap in April 2015.
- MEI Publishing—Site design and implementation of shopping cart using OsCommerce and PHP. Made site mobile-friendly using Bootstrap in May 2015.
- NJ CASE—Fixed several website errors and made improvements. Made site mobile-friendly using Bootstrap in April 2015.